August 30, 2018
Most chiropractic treatments can be personalized and adapted to each of the patients. With chiropractics, you are in good hands. Your local chiropractor can do this task.
- Chiropractic adjustment
Chiropractic adjustment is the preferred chiropractic treatment method of the chiropractor. This is a specialized form of spinal manipulation, characterized by the application of a rapid but shallow thrust at a joint (junction between two bones). Chiropractic treatment is natural, connected with few side effects and is not painful.
Some chiropractic treatment techniques often lead to a cavitation sound (diversified method or diversified chiropractic technique), commonly called crackling. However, this one is neither dangerous nor painful and we can also offer you alternatives to this type of treatment, if desired, commonly called treatments without crunches, although we do not really like this term because Crunch is not a chiropractic treatment. The Chiropractor is quite apt in these works now.
The chiropractic adjustment, a form of treatment used by the chiropractor can be done only with the hands, as it can be applied using a tool (Activator or Impulse) or a piece of removable table (commonly called a “drop” or thompson method). These last ones make it possible to adapt the care of the smallest to the biggest (baby, children, seniors, etc.).
Chiropractic treatment can be performed at the level of joint restrictions (vertebral subluxation) all the following regions: neck (cervical region), dorsal or thoracic region (middle of the back), ribs, lower back (lumbar region), sacroiliac joint , hips, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, wrist and jaw.
When spinal manipulation is contraindicated, your chiropractor may then offer joint mobilization, another form of chiropractic treatment. This is characterized by the application of a slow and repeated pressure to obtain a gain of mobility and range of motion.
Some effects related to chiropractic adjustment:
- Decreased pain and muscle spasms
- Increased mobility and lubrication of the joint
- Breakage of articular and periarticular adhesions
- Reflex effects and stimulation of the nervous system
- Improved quality of life, well-being and overall health.
- Sports chiropractic techniques
- Chiropractic-sports-Gatineau-chiro-sports-david-foal-chiro-sportsIn addition to chiropractic adjustments, chiropractors offer soft tissue care (muscles, ligaments, tendons) such as Active Release Technique (ART) and Graston Technique (IASTM – Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Technique). To do this, they can use their hands or specialized tools to reduce pain and stiffness due to the presence of adhesions. These adhesions, commonly known as “knots”, are formed in the tissues following trauma or overuse, as for example during repetitive movements.
- Each patient who comes to the clinic will be given personalized exercises to help them progress more quickly towards a complete cure. Some progression should be used during exercises to avoid a relapse. This is how we talk about stretching exercises, strengthening and stabilization. Also, various recommendations such as ergonomics at work will be suggested in addition to chiropractic treatment.
We will also give you various tips to optimize your daily posture. Indeed, our society is becoming more and more sedentary and uses more and more various technological tools such as computers, Ipad, smart phones. Often, it follows a prolonged poor posture that over time, promotes the appearance of various neuro-musculoskeletal problems.